Saturday, June 2, 2012

Historical Field Trip Around Town

A couple of weeks ago, I got to go on a field trip around our town with Sarah's class to conclude their unit on the history of our town.

The buses were 45 minutes late picking us up!











While I knew that our town had the very 1st Meijer store,
I didn't know Meijer's Thrifty Market was the VERY first store
to offer shopping carts so the patrons could get their own things!



The original "credit card" (the machine with the circus ad)
"Add it to my tab" ☺






I *had* to take pictures of the lace things!


This is made out of human hair

I also had to have pictures of the yarn winder

and great wheel spinning wheel!


Mid 1800 sewing machine!














Sarah with her favorite president


Model airplanes ...and a Millennium Falcon!

Kite used for target training

Things made by the local refrigerator plant during WWII














My dad's dad was at Pearl Harbor on the "Day of Infamy"

John Greene's grave again


A trip to DQ!  Sarah's first time ever ☺

Yum!

1 comment:

Amy :) said...

The kids & I went to the Desert Caballeros Western Museum in Wickenburg a couple of weeks ago and saw one of those things made out of human hair, too. It was hard to believe it was made out of hair!