Saturday, June 23, 2012

Brownout

Monday night/Tuesday morning at 2:15 am, I awoke to my fan making a really odd sound.  It was also really HOT.  I looked at my clock and it looked like this:



My first thought was I wasn't quite awake and blinked a few times and stared at the clock some more.  My next thought was that my clock was broken.  Then I turned to look at Dan's clock (same type as mine) and it had the same crazy readout!   Then I noticed the ceiling fan was barely turning and the odd noise my fan was making was because it wasn't occilating properly.  I turned my bedside lamp on and it was only about 1/4 as bright as normal!    As I laid in bed, the power came back to full power (Ahh, air movement) back to 1/4 power, then back to full power, and then about 3:00, it went completely out!  I didn't sleep well after that.  The girls woke up about 3:30 and I put a "flashlight" that clips to your hat (or whatever) in their room set on the red setting.  I also put one in the boys' room.  The power didn't come on again until about 8:00.  Now our answering machine doesn't work :(

No comments: