Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Book Review: "Clay Play" by Terry Taylor


I received an Adobe Digital Edition copy of "Clay Play" by Terry Taylor through netgalley.com.

I thought that this book looked like it would be a lot of fun for the kids to work through and make cute clay creations.  The book kept bogging down and not responding while I was trying to look at it.  It caused the Adobe Digital Editions reader to crash several times.  It was a very tedious way to look at a book.  The slowness of being able to look at the book was compounded by the fact that many of the pages had large numbers or letters obscuring the view of the page. 




I'm assuming this is some sort of formatting issue, but I haven't had problems looking at other books using the Adobe Digital Editions reader before.  I was able to see some of the pages and they were the ones with pictures of the steps, so I could still see basically how to make the creations.

I think that if I had a paperback version of this book or even an ecopy that worked well, it would be a wonderful book full of fun activities for elementary aged kids.

You can purchase "Clay Play" as either a paperback (list price $12.99) or

  • Age Range: 7 - 11 years
  • Grade Level: 2 - 6
  • Paperback: 80 pages
  • Publisher: Dover Publications (May 21, 2014)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 048677984X
  • ISBN-13: 978-0486779843
  • Product Dimensions: 11 x 8.2 x 0.2 inches

as a Kindle edition (list price $12.99)

  • File Size: 137044 KB
  • Print Length: 80 pages
  • Publisher: Dover Publications (March 18, 2014)
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B00JVZCW2E





No comments: