Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day

We started the day with gifts for Dan.

Pictures and a bookmark that Andy colored


A potted flower that the kids helped decorate the planter



#1 Dad mug
 The kids each made a book for Dan with things like, For fun my dad likes to ___________., I like it when my dad takes me to ________________., The best thing about my dad is ____________.
They drew a picture to go along with each statement.    I love the sequence of photos below showing Andy as Dan was looking at the book from him...

 











We forgot one gift from Emily she made at school and had to do that one later...



A picture of Emi with her footprints at the bottom, 

and a poem.

We had an extended family get together on my mom's side of the family.  My grandfather is seeming quite frail and we wanted to be sure to have a big family get together sooner rather than later, just in case...

















Emily and her cousin Benjamin were baptized today, so my sister made cross cookies to commemorate.






My grandparents with their 4 daughters ♥ (my mom is the 2nd one)

1 comment:

Ed & Dottie said...

Very nice pictures & write up. Wish I was that good at blogging. I haven't posted anything in ages.