Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Winding a Center Pull Ball Tutorial

I have been meaning to post this ever since I posted about my hand dyed yarn and haven't gotten to it, but since I posted yesterday about my first ball of handspun yarn, I decided to finally do it!


gather supplies: laundry basket, sit and spin, chunky book, hank of yarn

Put laundry basket upside down on sit and spin (I had wrapped it on it in preparation to dye it, also) so that it spins when you pull on it



wind yarn around book, leaving the end stickiing out


Close up view


wrap around core to secure


Once you have enough thickness, start "criss cross" wrap around ball


All done!  I didn't quite get the  core covered


my 2 balls of hand dyed yarn.  The one on the left isn't as neat as the one on the right, but it will still work!



Let son play with sit and spin when you are finished with it!




3 comments:

A.G. said...

That's so convenient how you used the sit and spin! Those are such fun, but I'm afraid I'm too big now :-/. Your balls of yarn look so absolutely perfect!

Marilee Rockley said...

Clever! Such cute photos, too!

Tammy said...

Wow, that's neat!