Friday, April 29, 2011

Hand Dyed Yarn

With all this left over Easter egg dye, I couldn't just dump it!


I dug out a skein of white wool yarn and un-skeined it (is that a word?)


Tied it loosely


dipped each "corner" in one of the primary colors and microwaved for a minute, rested for about 5 minutes, and then microwaved another minute


primary colors done


dipped remaining white areas in the secondary colors


Isn't it beautiful??

Hung to dry



since I still had dye left, I did my last skein of white wool, too!

I don't know for sure what I'll use the yarn for since I hope that I don't have to make any more wool pants!

2 comments:

A.G. said...

Ohh those turned out nice. Very pretty (:

Tammy said...

That's pretty yarn! :-) I just threw my dye out from our Easter eggs, I didn't even think of using it for anything else!