Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter 2011

I got to help Sarah's class dye Easter eggs and we passed out Jello eggs for her birthday treat (since her birthday is in the summer) on Thursday.



Sarah with her dyed eggs

Sarah started an art project at school but finished it at home and Emily and Will made one, too.









All finished


We made Ressurection Rolls with my mom


Jesus (marshmallow) is dipped in the embalming oil (melted butter)

 
  rolled in the annointing spices (cinnamon and sugar)
  
Wrapped in the grave clothes



and put in the tomb (350 oven for 12 minutes)

All finished

The tomb is empty!

Yummy!


Emily was making her finger be the angel sitting on the rock ☺

Easter baskets ready.  (I got some last year marked down after Easter)

Investigating the baskets Easter morning




Blowing bubbles before church

William finding eggs

Andrew finding an egg

Emily found one!

Sarah's turn





Andrew wasn't too happy he couldn't take the pictures
The kids with their dolls in matching Easter outfits
Just the dolls
The Dempsey Family





6 comments:

Ed & Dottie said...

Very Neat Easter! Looks like everyone is having fun.

Maureen said...

Your children will have wonderful memories of their childhood days!

Mieal Deneb said...

I was going to make empty tomb rolls, but ran out of time. Maybe next year.

Amy :) said...

Looks like you all had a great Easter! I've never heard of those rolls before, but it's a cool idea. :)

Looks like you were busy sewing beforehand... :)

Becky Dempsey said...

I started sewing the begining of April and made 13 pieces with our clothes and the doll clothes and the purses. I forgot until now that I was going to say something about the matching doll clothes and had a picture of the last time I did that, but didn't post it!

Becky Dempsey said...

I hadn't heard of the rolls until shortly before Easter in an email newsletter thing. It sounded like a cool idea.