Saturday, November 1, 2008

Who Ya Gonna Call??

Ghostbusters!

This year for our annual Costume Party, my sister Rachel decided that we should co-ordinate and all go in a Ghostbusters theme.
I was in charge of making the nametags for the guys' suits. I wrote them out with a ruler and then transferred them to the fabric with dressmaker's carbon. I used the regular zig-zag function on my sewing machine to "embroider" them.















Rachel wanted me to make two 'Orange' (their last name) nametags for later







I sewed ghost costumes for the kids. They tied for 3rd place (with each other) in the costume contest at Meijer (our local supermarket) and each got a $5 gift card!



Here my mom (complete with broken hand) is helping me take the kids Trick-or-Treating to the downtown businesses.













Here is the Ghostbuster with the ghosts he "caught". (Although, the girls kept trying to catch Daddy!)














Here are all 3 Ghostbusters.













Dan is Peter Venkman from the movie and I'm Dana Barrett.
















My sister, Rachel (a lady ghost in the movie) and her husband, Jason (Ray Stantz in the movie). Rachel opted for colorful ghosts.













My brother, Dean (Egon Spengler from the movie) and his wife Lisa (Janine Melnitz from the movie)

(their kids were miscellanious animals and etc)









The food even had a "Ghostbusters" theme.
Spaghetti - proton streams
Jell-O - Slime
Mississippi Mud Pie - Stay Puft Marshallow goo
Punch - Slime
Twinkies - they used them as a demonstration
Veggie Pizza - "No Ghost" symbol






I made the "Veggie Pizza". It took about 40 minutes to decorate! I should have used cauliflower for the ghost to be a "true" veggie pizza, but I used Mozzerella cheese. The red and black parts are both bell peppers.








Sarah and Katherine visiting

4 comments:

Alwen said...

Those are great! I love both the ghosts and the Ghostbusters. Now I'll have that theme song going through my head all day.

Unknown said...

Those costumes are all fabulous!
It looks like a fun time was had by all! :)

Marquette Beach House said...

I'm glad you posted photos of the costumes! I was wondering how they turned out. :)

rainbows and raindrops said...

THIS IS SOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOL! Was there a slimer?