Friday, October 30, 2009

Mission Accomplished

Sarah's school has a rule that they may not have snacks with more than 6 g of sugar in them so I decided that I would tat each student a pumpkin or a bat for their Halloween party. I started by making 2 bats, but didn't have a size thread that I really wanted to use. So I switched to pumpkins. The pattern that I had written (and will be in my new book) was made using split rings. It was taking quite awhile to get a pumpkin done, so I designed a new pattern! (So now there will be 2 pumpkin patterns in the new book!)






Split ring pumpkin (I did 2 of these)




















Pumpkin using chains (I did 25 of these)
















I decided to attach the pumpkins to a bookmark to make it easier to handle.
I put the pumpkins in little zippy baggies and attached the bags to the bookmarks with double sided tape. (so they could take the pumpkins out if they wanted)

All finished!





6 comments:

Carol Lawecki said...

What a great idea for a replacement on treats at school. Both your pumpkins look great. Good luck on your new book!! Happy Halloween!!

Terry said...

Ah, Becky, you're the greatest. I so enjoyed the pictures. Thank you

battatter said...

Very cute pumpkins!!
And oh, how I LOVE the Ghostbuster's little ghosts!!!

Sherry aka Celtic Dream Weaver said...

I love your pumpkins. What alot of work....and so generous of you too.

Ginny W said...

I would love to be in Sarah's class!! they are wonderful

tattrldy said...

What a great idea! Both pumpkins look great! What a lot of work - even if you enjoy it. Good luck with your book.