Thursday, April 3, 2008

Spring Yard Work

Ever since the snow melted off the front yard, I have wanted to get out and rake. Thursday was a beautiful Spring day just perfect for yard work! I worked for 3 hours outside.





This is what our front yard looked like.










In case you can't tell, those spots on the lawn are ACORNS. And no, I didn't move them so there would be more in the picture. That's how thick they were!










I raked the acorns and dead grass into piles. If you don't get them raked up before the new grass starts to grow, they are next to impossible to get out.














I gathered up the piles in my lawn bag and brought them out back to burn.












This is the after picture.













See, no acorns!











Of course, there's more lawn that needs attention! I started with the area with the highest concentration of acorns.














Here are some of our tulips starting to grow!

No comments: