Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Book Review: "Unfailing Love: Psalms in the Key of my Life Volume II: Psalms 51-100" by Carol Shelton Moye



I downloaded "Unfailing Love: Psalms in the Key of my Life Volume II: Psalms 51-100"  as a freebie on Amazon.com earlier this month.  The author recently asked for people to review it on the CrossReads Reviewers group and since I already had it, I offered to review it.

I thought that it was going to be a type of commentary book about the Psalms, but I was wrong. Carol Shelton Moye sort of reworks the psalms into more current themes and settings.  She uses the overall idea of the psalm to share how she was able to apply it to her life.  For example, she has several that are regarding civil rights type issues.   She states that she isn't trying to write a Bible translation, but rather to "write responses to each of the Psalms, using poetry and song."  As with the Psalms, themselves, I related to some of the chapters in the book more than others, but liked the idea very much.

You can buy a Kindle edition of "Unfailing Love Psalms  in the Key of my Life Volume II: Psalms 51-100" from Amazon.com for $4.99

  • File Size: 335 KB
  • Print Length: 94 pages
  • Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1494870207
  • Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
  • Publisher: CaroLana Publications (April 24, 2014)
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B00JXVZAJI

1 comment:

Carol Shelton Moye said...

I greatly appreciate the honest review of my book. Thanks so much for taking the time to read, review and share on your blog.

God bless.