Friday, January 19, 2018

Book Review: "A Matter of Trust" by Susan May Warren



"A Matter of Trust" is the 3rd book in the Montana Rescue series. The books have a continuous flow of story between them, that if you don't read them all in order, you miss part of the story. It does give "fill in" details, but you get so much more of a complete picture if you read all the books. It isn't like some books where the story between the hero and heroine starts and is concluded within the pages of the one book, you get snatches of things throughout the whole series. I think it brings the characters more realism and depth. I like seeing the whole PEAK gang over and over through the series and they become my friends. Although, I was a little disappointed that this book didn't include Sam and Willow (the main plot characters in book 2) until the very end, almost like a cameo. "A Matter of Trust" was primarily Gage Watson and Ella Blair's story, but also Ty Remmington and Brette Arnold as well as a little of Pete and Jess's story continuted. I appreciated that the story wasn't just another "lost in the park" story, but instead involved backcountry skiing/snowboarding. I had to look up a few terms to know what was going on, but it made me look up videos on Youtube and man do they do some amazing, crazy things! The faith element of the book feels natural and seamless, not added artificially. The book pulled me in and I didn't want to stop until the book was finished.

"A Matter of Trust" is available in paperback:
  • Series: Montana Rescue (Book 3)
  • Paperback: 336 pages
  • Publisher: Revell (July 4, 2017)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0800727452
  • ISBN-13: 978-0800727451
  • Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.8 x 8.5 inches

and in Kindle edition:
  • File Size: 7823 KB
  • Print Length: 336 pages
  • Publisher: Revell (July 4, 2017)
  • Publication Date: July 4, 2017
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B01MYR22CG

I got a free copy of this book through Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own and given voluntarily. No compensation was received.

No comments: