Sunday, July 2, 2017

Book Review: "Naomi's Hope" by Jan Drexler



"Naomi's Hope" is the third and final book in the "Journey to Pleasant Prairie" series. I still like to read books that are in series in the order that they come, but I think that the books in this series do a good job of being stand alones. (I didn't read the first one in the series and didn't feel lost). But having met Naomi in the second book, I was happy for her to get her own happily-ever-after. I also felt more for Mattie and her struggles in this book after having gotten to know her during the second book. This book is written in third person and tells the story from the viewpoints of Naomi Schrock, Cap Stoltzfus, Shem Fischer, Annalise Yoder, Davey Schrock, Christian Yoder, and Wilhem Hinklemann. I really enjoyed reading this book and liked the characters (except Shem, but I don't think that is unusual!) I liked the Biblical content as it is woven through the story. I am sad to have this series come to an end and look forward to other books that Jan Drexler will write in the future.

"Naomi's Hope" is available in paperback:
  • Series: Journey to Pleasant Prairie (Book 3)
  • Paperback: 384 pages
  • Publisher: Revell (June 6, 2017)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0800726650
  • ISBN-13: 978-0800726652
  • Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 1 x 8.2 inches

and in Kindle edition:
  • File Size: 8765 KB
  • Print Length: 384 pages
  • Publisher: Revell (June 6, 2017)
  • Publication Date: June 6, 2017
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B01N7S4H3D


I got a free copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own and given voluntarily. No compensation was received.

No comments: