Friday, December 23, 2016

Book Review: "A Family Arrangement" by Gabrielle Meyer


Charlotte Lee arrives in Little Falls, Minnesota intending to take her 3 nephews back to Iowa City to live with her. Her brother-in-law, Abram Cooper, makes a deal that if he doesn't have the town up and running in 10 months, she can take his sons with his blessing. Will Charlotte come to see that Little Falls is the perfect place for a Family Arrangement?

At first, I felt that Charlotte was being unrealistic in her fears about Abram and his character. As I read the book and came to know more of Charlotte's motivations and background, her fears became easier to understand. It was interesting to think that this was how many of the pioneer towns were started. I hadn't ever really thought about it, I guess I just figured people moved to where other people were living and carried on with their particular business or trade. I was glad for Abram and Charlotte to work through their issues and make changes in their lives. I didn't want to put the book down once I got started with it. I liked watching Abram and Charlotte interact with each other and wanted to give them a shove towards each other. "A Family Arrangement" is in the "Little Falls Legacy" series, so I look forward to visiting Little Falls again.


"A Family Arrangement" is available in paperback:
  • Series: Little Falls Legacy
  • Mass Market Paperback: 288 pages
  • Publisher: Love Inspired Historicals (December 6, 2016)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0373283881
  • ISBN-13: 978-0373283880
  • Product Dimensions: 4.2 x 0.8 x 6.6 inches

and in Kindle edition:
  • File Size: 2960 KB
  • Print Length: 288 pages
  • Publisher: Love Inspired Historicals (December 1, 2016)
  • Publication Date: December 1, 2016
  • Sold by: Harlequin Digital Sales Corp.
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B01F1RGC6C

I got a free copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own and given voluntarily. No compensation was received.

No comments: