Sunday, March 21, 2010

It's God's Garden

One of the things we did at church was to repaint the nursery.

The first step was to put primer over the existing decor.

These don't look quite as bad in these pictures as they did in person. The lines were very thick and messy. Especially the Tigger that is cut off on the right side of this picture.
























The bottom of the walls was covered in a marble sheeting of some sort. We had to use special primer that would cover shiny surfaces. This picture also shows the original location of a cabinet they moved to the other side of the room.
















.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.








.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.




Primer all done

.
.
.
.
.
..
.































Andrew slept in the corner









Day 2: Paint first coat






































































Day 3: Paint 2nd coat of green and touch up spots on blue






































Step 2 of Day 3: Paint accent flowers.


















We got some wood flowers and bugs to use on the walls and it saved us having to paint them all!




Sarah filling in the leaves.












Emily filling in leaves.
















William helping with a flower.























"Finished"











































I forgot to move the reading corner curtain to take a picture of the "Itsy Bitsy Spider" we painted in the corner.













William in the nursery (with one shoe on and one shoe off)










We still need to hang a little bulletin board and add a few more painted bugs.

3 comments:

Ed & Dottie said...

The nursery looks so much better now!
Dad

Mieal Deneb said...

The previous "decor", the horrible attempt at Winnie the Pooh characters was pretty bad! It looks much better. Though, I think you need some clouds in the sky. :)

Rachel

Becky said...

We were thinking of doing clouds, too. You can't really see the little "v" birds in the sky in the pictures, either.