Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Book Review: "Finding Love in Eureka, California" by Angela Ruth Strong



"Finding Love in Eureka, California" is the 5th and last story in the "Resort to Love" series, but is the second story in chronology (There are only four books officially in the series, but Dave's story is in the novella collection "Finding Love on the Oregon Coast"). I really enjoyed this book. At the beginning, I was grinning like a fool over Gen's crush and her interactions with Matt. I ached for them in their heartaches and cried over the choices they made. It felt very real, almost as if I was experiencing it myself, or maybe a close friend. I wish I could go listen to one of Rosie's motivational talks. Some of the other Lake brothers make an appearance, as did Emily Van Arsdale. I love how Sam shows up in all the brothers' stories. Both Matt and Gen grew a lot through the book. It was a good reminder that what we may think of as a curse might not really be one and that how someone's life looks from the outside doesn't always show what they are truly going through. I didn't want to put the book down and stayed up too late reading.  I am sad that we won't get to spend anymore time with the Lake family.

"Finding Love in Eureka, California" is available in paperback:
  • Series: Resort to Love
  • Paperback: 286 pages
  • Publisher: Mountain Brook Ink (January 22, 2018)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1943959420
  • ISBN-13: 978-1943959426
  • Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.6 x 8.5 inches

and in Kindle edition:
  • File Size: 4162 KB
  • Print Length: 268 pages
  • Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
  • Publisher: Mountain Brook Ink (February 1, 2018)
  • Publication Date: February 1, 2018
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B078HSC3NV


I was given a free copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own and given voluntarily. No compensation was received for my review.

No comments: