Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Book Review: "My Candy Valentine" by Darlene Franklin



"My Candy Valentine" is set in 1916 Oklahoma.  Catrina Jensen helps her father run his store, Jensen's Mercantile.  She has been looking for her very own Anne Shirley-Gilbert type hero when one day Gilbert Williams walks into the store.  She finds herself attracted to him, but is he after something besides love?

I enjoyed reading "My Candy Valentine" and liked Catrina and Gilbert.  The romance was sweet and tender.  The story kept me guessing as to what the outcome would be.  I liked how the characters drew closer to God.  The story is a quick read with it being a novella, but it was just what I needed to finish and turn around an uninspiring day.  I liked how Darlene Franklin titled the chapters with sayings you would find on Valentine's Day candy hearts.  It pulled the story together even more.

I would recommended this story to those who like Inspirational romance and Historical romance.

"My Candy Valentine" is available for Kindle:
  • File Size: 1567 KB
  • Print Length: 72 pages
  • Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
  • Publisher: Franklin Publications (January 19, 2015)
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B00SI2214K

I was gifted a copy of this book by the author.  A positive review was not required.  All opinions are my own.

No comments: