Thursday, February 28, 2008

My First Sock!!

I knit my very first sock ever!


It is a toe-up, short-row heel sock done on two circular needles by Cat Borhdi





I just blindly followed the pattern and it was interesting to see how the heel progressed! I haven't ever done short rows or the figure 8 cast on, so this was a totally new experience for me.











Okay, so it is a miniature sock, but still, my first sock!














I made it for a bookmark. The pattern had a sock on both ends, but I opted to have just one.







2 comments:

Amy :) said...

Becky,

Wow, what are those weird comments on your blog about removing viruses??

Anyway, what a cute little sock! I've never tried knitting socks before.

When I made Naomi's baby blanket, I learned cable stitch, which had always fascinated me and wasn't nearly as hard as it looks! I thought it was fun learning new stuff in knitting... I'll have to try a sock sometime!

Amy :)

Becky Dempsey said...

I got 4 of the weird comments before on my post about the Hedgehog. I deleted them since they seemed like they might be something bad (They opened a weird "error message" type thing). I plan on making some normal sized socks when I'm caught up with everyone else's projects!