Monday, May 29, 2017

Memorial Day 2017

As is our custom for Memorial Day, we went out to the cemetery to put flowers on Grandpa Dempsey's grave.








Time for the annual picture of the kids:



Dan snuck into the picture.







We decided to do a family picture, but I hadn't brought the tripod, so I used the empty water bottle to sit my camera on. Unfortunately, the wind kept tipping it, so I got a few without me as I knew there was no way I'd get there in time after righting the camera.

I forgot I had on my sunglasses





Finally, a group of people came along and I asked if they could take our picture. She took two...


At least my mistakes weren't this bad!

We went to Rockford and ate at Vitales. We ordered wet burritos and pizzas and Mondays are 50% off pizza and buy one get one free burritos!





Wire pizza!




We walked over to the dam to look for turtles:
































Hard to see, but it was a round spider web


Saw this in the parking lot

The kids "napping" when we got home.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That's a cool tradition. And nice pictures. I love seeing how Sarah has 'shot up'!