Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Kids Clothes Week - Day 3

So I had big plans to get Sarah's dress all finished and get started on Emily's!  Nope, didn't happen.  The bodice of Sarah's dress was more time consuming than the average dress bodice.  I wanted it to look like it had a separate corset thing over the top, so I had to make little flaps for that.  So today I had to sew the inside of the flap to the rest of the bodice/lining.  Then I needed to make eyelets for the lacing.  The poof of the sleeve needed the ribbons all sewn on and the sleeve got another piece of ribbon.  It all added up and I didn't even get Sarah's dress done.  I'm close and if the diameter of the bodice and the skirt matched, I'm sure I would have finished, but now I need to figure how to reconcile the difference.

So the pictures from today:




2 comments:

Edward Woodard said...

It is looking great. She is going to love it & will look lovely in it. I hope you can get Emi's done too. Hope hers goes easier.

Amy :) said...

It's beautiful, Becky! I know it's gonna look great when it's done. :)