Monday, April 29, 2013

Kids Clothes Week: Day One - Sunny Faces Sun Dresses

This past week was "Kids Clothes Week".  The goal/challenge was to sew for an hour a day on kids clothes.   Overachiever that I am, I decided to make a project a day instead!   I had many projects "on the back burner" for "whenever I got around to it" that I decided to finally sew during this week.

Project #1:  Sunny Faces Sun dress

I had gotten the 2 fabric panels a long time ago.  Maybe 8 years?

I bought 1½ yards of fabric for the skirts in February 2012.
Emi needed 17" and Sarah 21".  The fabric was 38" wide!
I refolded the fabric at those measurements and cut it
& each girl got the entire 54" for fullness

This is as far as I got on day one!  All cut out and ready to sew.
I realized that I was going to need to line the bodices after all.

No comments: