Tuesday, May 13, 2008

How to Avoid Doing the Dishes!

I didn't get my dishwasher unloaded on Saturday and on Sunday, I was sick and wasn't up to doing anything. So I took Monday a little easier, too. Well, today, I put the teapot on to warm up some water for tea. I was in the other room and heard a loud clattering sound coming from the kitchen. It sounded sort of like Legos being dumped. I went into the kitchen and found glass EVERYWHERE!!





































I had accidentally turned on the burner for the front instead of the back. I had a stack of 2 glass cake pans (9x 13) and a 8 x8 square pan sitting in that spot.











The bottom one got so hot, it exploded! So now I don't have to wash it, although I DID have to clean up the glass!

2 comments:

mattswife1990 said...

Oh, my! Aren't you glad nobody was in the kitchen when that happened?

I had read online about glass pans exploding when left on a flat-top stove that was still warm. So I've been rather paranoid about leaving anything breakable on top of ours. Yikes!!

I'm glad everyone is allright, though it doesn't sound like much fun cleaning up all that mess!

Amy :)

Becky said...

Yes, I was SO glad that no one was in the kitchen when the pan exploded! If I *had* gone in a little earlier, though, I would have realized that I'd turned on the wrong burner!

Becky