Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Book Review: "Winning the Queen's Heart" by Carol Moncado


"Winning the Queen's Heart" by Carol Moncado is the second book in the "Brides of Belles Montagnes" series and I would recommend reading the books in order (It would be best to start with the Montevaro Monarchy books as those characters are also carried over into the Brides series, too).

Christiana has been the queen of Ravenzario since her parents died when she was five. Her uncle, who rule as her regent, was shown to have less than honest intentions for the country and was put in prison. Now, about 18 months later, she learns that her fiance was not who he claimed to be either. She is left with no groom for her wedding. How will her people survive another blow to their country?

Alexander Bayfield has been a part of Queen Christiana's inner circle after bringing her uncle's duplicity to light. When she has no one left to turn to, he steps up to be her protector. Can he win her heart or will events from the past tear them apart?

When I loaded this book on my Kindle, I opened it to make sure it had loaded properly. I started reading and didn't want to put it down! It sucked me right in. I loved how protective Alexander was of Christiana and all the things he did for her. Christiana is sweet and loves her people. This book has romance, suspense, and twists I didn't see coming.

There are many threads woven through the book and not all of them are finalized, but will carry over through the other books in the series. I can't wait to read the next one and find out what is going to happen next.

"Winning the Queen's Heart" is available for Kindle:
  • ile Size: 1366 KB
  • Print Length: 317 pages
  • Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
  • Publisher: CANDID Publications; 1 edition (October 31, 2015)
  • Publication Date: October 31, 2015
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B016CB3UR0


I was given a copy of this book by the author in order for me to review it. No other compensation was received and a positive review was not required. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments: