Monday, November 23, 2015

Book Review: "Every Girl Gets Confused" by Janice Thompson



"Every Girl Gets Confused" by Janice Thompson is the second book in the "A Brides with Style Novel" series. I did not read the first book, but it would be a good idea to read it first as "Every Girl Gets Confused" continues on from the story in the first book.

I had a hard time reading this book. It just didn't flow for me. It was told in the first person, which is different than most books, but I've read first person perspective that flowed easier for me. I understand that not everyone likes the same books and this book just wasn't my style. The book is supposedly about Katie Fisher being confused about whether she should stick with her current boyfriend, Brady James, or go back to her ex-boyfriend Casey Lawson. I didn't really get a sense that Katie was really that confused. She sort of wonders about Casey seeming to want to spend time with her, but she always sticks with Brady. The quotes about or by Doris Day at the beginning of the chapters were fun, but along with the titles, didn't seem to go with the chapter's content. Everyone seemed to be arguing about something all the time and there was constant bickering about what denomination church the people went to. It was also strange to me that Katie's family was so tied in with the people from her work with her brothers both dating coworkers.

"Every Girl Gets Confused" is available in paperback:
  • Series: Brides with Style (Book 2)
  • Paperback: 336 pages
  • Publisher: Revell (October 20, 2015)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0800724003
  • ISBN-13: 978-0800724009
  • Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.8 x 8.5 inches

in Kindle edition:
  • File Size: 4706 KB
  • Print Length: 338 pages
  • Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0800724003
  • Publisher: Revell (October 13, 2015)
  • Publication Date: October 13, 2015
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B00XNJGMLQ

and large print hardcover:
  • Series: Brides With Style
  • Hardcover: 500 pages
  • Publisher: Center Point Pub; Lrg edition (December 2015)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1628997958
  • ISBN-13: 978-1628997958


I was given a free copy of this book by the publisher in order for me to review it. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments: