Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Book Review: "An October Bride" by Katie Ganshert


Booklook bloggers again gave me the opportunity to review the newest story in the "Year of Weddings Novella" series by giving me a free eBook copy of "An October Bride" by Katie Ganshert.

Emma Tate broke off her engagement two years ago when her father was diagnosed with cancer and now, she is feeling like there is nothing she can do for him.  While looking after her parent's cats, Emma finds her dad's bucket list.  The very last thing on his list is "Walk Emma down the aisle".  While pondering on this way that she could do something for her father and thinking maybe she should call her ex-fiance, her longtime friend, Jake Sawyer, stops by.   Together they hatch a plan to get married so that Emma's father can scratch the last thing off his list and Emma won't have to live with regrets.  The only problem is that Emma doesn't want a pretend marriage to Jake, she wants the real thing.  

I really enjoyed reading "An October Bride" by Katie Ganshert.  It is one of my favorite stories in the A Year of Weddings Novella series.  The story is told from Emma's first person point of view, but it was done in a way unlike other first person point of view books I have read before.  It seemed so real and natural.  I liked Emma and Jake and felt like they could be my friends.  I wanted Jake to turn to Emma and profess his undying love for her so she could have the deepest wish of her heart since she was little.  There are many mentions of God and following His will in what will happen.  I also really liked the fact that the book actually ended with a wedding!  So many of the books in the series don't, and it's been a "sore spot" for me!  Of course, this is a novella so it is a quick read, but I didn't find it to feel rushed or strained.  I don't think I've read any of Katie Ganshert's other books, but I think I'll be checking them out. 

"An October Bride" is available in Kindle edition.
  • File Size: 1491 KB
  • Print Length: 85 pages
  • Simultaneous Device Usage: Up to 5 simultaneous devices, per publisher limits
  • Publisher: Zondervan (September 23, 2014)
  • Sold by: HarperCollins Publishing
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B00H6XM3BI




No comments: