Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Book Review: "The Genesis Tree" by Heather L.L. FitzGerald



"The Genesis Tree" is the third and final book in the Tethered World Chronicles series. I looked forward to reading this book with great expectation. Once I started, I didn't want to put it down and stayed up later than I should have to read. There are plot summaries from the first two books given throughout this book, but it would be best to read the books in order to get the full effect of the stories. Plus, then you get to read two other amazing books. I found myself reading the beginning of the book wondering what was going to draw the Larcen family back down below to the Tethered World. Things topside are spiraling out of control and things looked bleak. The characters grew even more by the end of this book and tremendously since the beginning of book one of the series. I liked how God and our need for Him was woven through the story. "The Genesis Tree" had me laughing, crying, angry, sad, and confused at times. I was shocked and amazed at things that happened (both positively and negatively - ie the things that happened were sometimes good and sometimes bad, but I didn't see them coming). Like the second book in the series, this book is written in first person when we are following Sadie and third person when we follow Brady. This book also includes the viewpoint of one of Nekronok's sons (it never really says which one, although by the end you know who it is). There was one major plot element that made me unhappy, but I did like how it was used and redeemed to show that God's ways are not always our ways and that He uses them for our ultimate good (even if it doesn't seem like it at the time). I liked how the story wrapped up the "hanging" story lines from the overall story that covered all three books. I will miss visiting the Tethered World. I totally recommend this book (and the whole series)

"The Genesis Tree" is available in paperback:
  • Series: The Tethered World Chronicles
  • Paperback: 318 pages
  • Publisher: Mountain Brook Ink (May 29, 2017)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1943959293
  • ISBN-13: 978-1943959297
  • Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.8 x 8.5 inches

and in Kindle edition:
  • File Size: 5082 KB
  • Print Length: 330 pages
  • Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
  • Publisher: Mountain Brook Ink (June 1, 2017)
  • Publication Date: June 1, 2017
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B06XF6ML74


I got a free copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own and given voluntarily. No compensation was received.

No comments: