Sunday, March 19, 2017

Temperature Blanket - Week 11

Mar 12: 28
Mar 13: 25  Snow from 2:00 am - 7:00 pm
Mar 14: 23
Mar 15: 31
Mar 16: 41
Mar 17: 32 *St. Patrick's Day* Snow from 10:00 am - noon, Rain from 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Mar 18: 39 Rain from midnight - noon

When doing the row for Thursday (March 16), I ran out of yarn about a foot from the end of the row. I had already looked for more yarn at both Meijer and Walmart, but neither store had any. I looked online and almost everywhere it was "Sold out". I finally found a 3 pack of the correct yarn on Amazon. It was supposed to arrive on Sunday, but in the meantime, I couldn't do any more rows for the week. I was happy to see my package waiting for me when I got home from church so I could get my blanket up to date. But when I took the yarn out, it was darker than the yarn I had originally even though they were both "Light Sage". Argh!! When I was searching for this yarn, I saw one that looked the right color but was lighter than "Light Sage" and since that was what I had, I got that. I should have gone with the visually correct one instead of the one with the correct name. So I will have to order a new skein and wait some more and now I have 3 skeins of yarn to do something with!

A foot short of finishing my row 

My new yarn doesn't match!

Update with pictures: