Monday, July 21, 2014

Book Review: "The Berenstain Bears Keep the Faith" by Mike Berenstain



I was provided a free paperback copy of "Keep the Faith" from Zondervan for me to review through the Z Blog Squad.

"The Berenstain Bears Keep the Faith" is part of the "Living Lights" collection published by Zondervan and "Help kids learn how God wants them to live every day".

Brother and Sister Bear are playing with their friend Ferdy Factual when the subject of God comes up.  Brother and Sister are puzzled when Ferdy says he doesn't believe in God.  This leads to a discussion with their parents about why they believe in God.  They go to see Preacher Brown to find out what faith is.

My children enjoyed "The Berenstain Bears Keep the Faith".  It is written by the son of the original Berenstain Bears authors, but before I saw that, I didn't even realize it was as it looks just like any of the other originals.  I liked how this book discussed Biblical subjects in a way that kids could understand them.

This book is geared for children ages 4-8 and I would recommend it for that group.

"The Berenstain Bears Keep the Faith" is available in paperback.




No comments: