Saturday, May 24, 2014

Book Review: "How to Draw Dogs, Cats, and Horses" by Arthur Zaidenberg



I got "How to Draw Dogs, Cats, and Horses" on Netgalley.com.  I was thinking it would be something that my 8 year old would enjoy, but it wasn't as helpful as I thought it would be.  It is only 67 pages long and basically only shows rough sketches of the animals.  It doesn't give very much information on how to draw them!  I did like the introduction on what supplies you will need and that you should try to avoid erasing, just do the basic sketching lightly so it all but disappears in the final drawing.  I will probably still have my daughter look at the book, but I don't think it will give her that much assistance.

"How to Draw Dogs, Cats, and Horses" was originally published in the 50's, but was republished in March 2014.  You can buy a Kindle edition of the book on Amazon.com for $5.35, but I think I would save my money (or at least check it out of the library rather than buy it).

  • File Size: 11585 KB
  • Print Length: 67 pages
  • Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0486780481
  • Publisher: Dover Publications (March 5, 2014)
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B00JANZ7R4

No comments: