Monday, October 14, 2013

New Bedroom Curtains

We were in need of new curtains for our bedroom.  The ones we had were quite old and our bedspread was starting to fall apart.  There were also parts of the curtains that were fading.  I had a new bedspread and found some fabric for curtains.  It wasn't exactly what I was hoping for, but I didn't have a huge selection, either!  I lined the curtains with fabric from a sheet I got at Goodwill.
The before

One of the holes

Another hole

Faded spot on the curtain
The room looks a lot different with the new curtains and bedspread!

The after 
Dan works 3rd shift, so being able to get the room dark is a very good thing!

With the roller shades up, but the curtains closed
This pictures shows it with the roller shades and the curtains closed.
In the original, you can see the clock readout in the lower right corner.
I can't see it when I post it to the blog, however.  Not sure why not!
Every time I make curtains, it makes me think of the time I was getting fabric for Sarah's baby nursery.  The clerk said, "I think we all start with curtains."  (Implying it was my first project)  I told her that I'd been sewing for 24 years and I'd even sewn my wedding dress!  (My first project was actually a skirt when I was 8 years old!)

1 comment:

Ed & Dottie said...

The new curtains sure do the job on making the room dark. Does change the over all look too. Good job!