Monday, December 13, 2010

Our first "Snow Day"

It happened to be a Sunday and we had no church, but we still felt like it was a snow day! (We did end up with a school snow day today, though!)



The kids outside playing in the "Snowman Snow". The girls are working on a snow wall.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Turns out, Sarah was going for an igloo, so while they had rest time, I worked on finishing the igloo since the temperatures were falling and I didn't know how long the snow would be packing.



All finished!



.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Sarah inside (Emily had gone in the house and William wouldn't go into the igloo!)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Sarah and I inside.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I had put a bowl outside to catch the snow so we could make Snow Ice Cream.




Our ingredients:
1 cup milk
½ cup sugar
½ TBS vanilla
½ gallon snow


.
.
.
.



Emily adding the milk



.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


All finished!! It did taste like ice cream although ours was ice crystal-y since the first snow I "caught" was slush. I think we'll try again when it is non-packing snow (ie fluffy snow!)



.
.
The kids trying it out (Sarah wouldn't try it)

































2 comments:

Amy :) said...

Love the igloo! :) Funny that we never tried snow ice cream when we lived in the U.P., but I never even heard of it until I read your blog post!

Enjoy the snow day!
Amy :)

Ryan and Sandra said...

You are such a fun mom, Becky--your kids are blessed!

Merry Christmas!
Sandi (for Ryan, too)