Thursday, October 22, 2009

Puppets

Our church wanted to get some puppets for the Youth Group to use for skits. They would cost about $40 each, so we decided that I could sew them for cheaper. I had a pattern, but I changed it quite a bit to make it the way I wanted!



This is the puppet that I sewed as an example of what they would look like.





This puppet has felt eyes.



Side view without hair!

All finished, showing the inside of the mouth.







3/4 view
We named this one Bella.










.
.
.
.
.
Close up.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
My mom and I (and the kids) went to buy the fabric for the puppets 2 days before Andrew was born. We couldn't find what we were looking for and it took quite a while to figure out something that would work. We ended up buying fabric to make 6 puppets. There will be a girl and a boy in 3 different skin tones- light, medium, and dark.
Here is the light-skinned boy. I have the girl mostly done, but needed to put it aside to work on costumes and etc for October!
"Bill" has plastic eyes.
In use.
"Bella" is a reporter and "Bill" is Moses. (The beard is just pinned on)




The kids watching the skit.










2 comments:

victats@gmail.com said...

That's pretty neat. Its good to have skills.

mattswife1990 said...

those are looking pretty good, becky! and they'll be SO useful, too! :)