Saturday, August 29, 2009

Tatted Bonnet

I have tatted a bonnet for each of my kids. William never really wore his, so I wanted to be sure that Andrew wore his! He wore it to his first time at church.








It is tatted in Lizbeth size 20. The ties are from my wedding (tied around the rice packets) which is fitting as Andrew was born the day after our 11th anniversary.
It is my own pattern.
I wanted the look of individual motifs but not the work of hiding that many ends.
So I came up with a way of making the motifs joined together in a row.


First pass


Second pass to finish the "motifs".

2 comments:

Art by JoyMac said...

Your tatted baby bonnet is just gorgeous..so is the new baby..Congrats once again....sorry to hear about Emily's accident hope she heals well.
I am intruiged by the way you tatted the bonnet, I have never tried that, so must have a go....did you use a pattern
Hugs
Joy

Art by JoyMac said...

OOps forgot to say that I loved the photograps of you all
Hugs
Joy