Friday, April 10, 2009

What I've Been Up To Lately

I had an OB appointment on Tuesday. I was 21½ weeks along and was measuring 24 weeks! I've never done that before, and when they measured at the ultrasound, Andrew was measuring exactly as far along as I was. I've gained 5 pounds so far.


I have been working on some more tatting designs for my new book/Extreme Tatters Round Robin. I have a sand bucket and shovel done, but wanted to send Easter eggs in the next round as it is due right at Easter. My 2nd egg turned out weird, but I think I know how I can get it the right shape. I did want to have a 3rd design to send also, so I think I better get going on that!


I started sewing dresses Monday for the girls to wear to church on Easter. (I know, nothing like waiting to the last minute!) I didn't have a pattern for the style of dress I wanted, so I used the bodice from one pattern and ad libbed the rest. I got their dresses done Wednesday night and started on one for me on Thursday. I also didn't have a pattern for mine, so I winged it, too. I got mine done this morning. Sarah thinks I should sew a shirt for William, but I don't think I want to make a purple floral shirt for him! (I probably have fabric downstairs that would work, but with only a day left to work on it, I don't think I want to add the stress! Maybe next year!)

1 comment:

Amy :) said...

Hey Becky,

Are you using the fabric Mom bought when they were out here? It would be fun to see your photos when you wear them together.

I'm sure you've seen the photo I posted on my blog of our three matching skirts made with some of the same (or was it just very similar?) purple floral fabric.

Sounds fun! Naomi & I are going to wear matching dresses on Easter Sunday. They are the dresses that Marissa & I wore to Dean & Lisa's wedding. Funny how time marches on and the kiddos grow... now Marissa is so big, and our youngest fits her old dress!

Bye for now~
Amy :)