Friday, June 13, 2008

Recycled Sweater Soaker

Will only had one wool soaker, so if I wanted him to wear a onesie, he had to wear plastic pants over his diaper. I dug out the remains of the felted sweater I used for his longies and set to work making him another pair.



I traced the soaker that he had and then added to the width since the sweater won't stretch as much.

















I laid the pattern on the sweater. I left the extra ribbing at the top to use for a casing. I also used the side seam already in the sweater.

















Here it is cut out.

















I sewed the seams stretching the wool as I went.

















Fold over the top of the ribbing and sew for a casing for the elastic.













Thread the elastic.













Here it is so far.
















I tried it on William.
















I tightened the elastic and sewed a hem on the legs.












All finished!














Close up view.

No comments: